22 July 2008

That eureka moment!

I borrowed a fantastic book from the local library called Socks, Socks, Socks (edited by Elaine Rowley ISBN: 0-9646391-5-7). It has the best instructions on how to work a sock that I have ever seen as well as lots of gorgeous socks for inspiration. And then I picked up the teeny bedsocks that I started in about 2002 and managed to finish one of them without it looking like a mutant cross between a golf club cover and a cat's chew toy! Hoorah!!

Here's the sock:

Now I have the other one to do... but I am inspired - I managed to turn a heel properly and graft the ends. The bedsocks on the to-do list don't look nearly so daunting now.

I also finished the pink fingerless mitts - both of them done & sewn in less than a day.




Pink scarf 2 is coming along - it's about 25cm long now, the lacy trim is also coming along, probably about 1m so far. Not much else off the to-do list as yet...

No comments: