19 January 2009

A sundress or two

Well one is done and the next is ready to be cut out. The blue square cut neckline one is OK, but could have been better finished (my kingdom for an overlocker!). Even managed buttonholes that don't look toooooo manky. Actually I think the next time I make that particular dress I will just line the whole bodice, it seems a darn sight easier than fiddling about with facings - would make the skirt attachment neater as well. Oh and not use a slippery self-crinkled poly-cotton as the material - that would help a lot too!

The next dress is a sweet 6-panel A-line with short sleeves - to be made up in a white (100%) cotton with teeny coloured polka-dot print. The only fiddly bit will be the zipper - but thankfully I seem to be getting the hang of those... The one after that is the crossover top pattern that has already produced one nice sundress - I just need to scale it up.

The tealy/beige print material is going to be made into some sort of floaty summer top for me and there's bags to make with cute off-cuts, another tiered skirt etc etc...

It's just been too hot for knitting - finished sleeve 1, cast on sleeve 2 of little cotton jumper, and it's going to languish til the heat comes down.

I am also in the in-depth tidying mode - the one where everything gets sorted into it's proper place or gets chucked. The storage closet is almost done, the big job is then the sewing room - hopefully I will have the energy to keep going!

No comments: