23 June 2008

Lacy bits

All the individual pieces (back, 2 side fronts - not even the same 2, but a matching set - and 2 sleeves later) have been finished. But not yet sewn together, not that that stopped me from casting on the lace. It's a 4 row pattern repeat and not to hard (ie: I've only had to unravel it once so far when I lost track where I was up to). Finding a stitch counter solved that one...

It won't take long to finish the lace for the sleeves, but the lace piece that wraps from centre back neck down one front side, all the way around the back and up the other front is probably going to be about 1.5m long. I'll need to sew it all up & measure it properly.

The blankie hasn't progressed much further, though more sewing has been done. There is also a blah blah secret knitting plan under way. And hubby would like some bedsocks (as would I) and a certain small person has lost her school mittens and a replacement pair will need to be made. So more is being added to the list than crossed off.

Whilst I restrained myself from the Lincraft sale today, I did wander past the bookshop and slipped. Two lovely books with cotton knitting patterns are now adorning my bookshelf waiting for me to add more to the to do list...

No comments: