05 August 2007

Cardi knitting finished

The actual knitting part of the white cotton cardi is finished. I ended up using a variant of old fan lace (from Nicky Epstein's Knitting on the edge book) to give the bottom edge some interest (it's knitted from the neck down...). Now I just need to crochet around the front & neck, weave in the ends and it's done. Will definitely need to block the cardi - which will also be a first as i am a bit slack about that usually. I'm a bit nervous about the crochet as I'm nowhere near as neat or as confident with crochet as I am with knitting.

Photos of the finished project to follow...

Also rummaging around in my jumper drawer, I came across the summer cardi and the plain winter jumper I made for myself when I was at Uni. Need to take photos of these + the piggle Mk I and post them up.

Must finish next piggle and then move onto cleaning up some of the old projects...

No comments: