30 June 2007

Pink scarf - the first


Yes! Finally the pink scarf is done. Moda Vera 'Vixen' in pink & rainbow colours 12 rows garter st interspersed with Paton's Jet in hot pink 6 rows garter st. Knitted on 7mm needles with only 2 minor mistakes (which I didn't bother to undo as they are hardly noticeable). It's approximately 150cm long. Decided a fringe on this one would be overkill. It's lovely & fuzzy, with the Jet giving enough structure to keep it from curling up.
Also slipped and bought some more wool yesterday - not much and with specific scarves & beanies in mind. The balls were either 'big', textured or fluffy as I have heaps of plain odd ball remnants that will work in well. Today had another minor slip... I have been after a book of stitch patterns. Have been looking in bookshops for the book that I usually borrow from the local library when I found "400 Knitting Stitches" by Murdoch books (a translation from the Marie Clare French version). It's luscious... and came home with me - a relative bargain for $39. I will spend some time drooling over the patterns and working out which ones I'm going to use in the next scarf.


No comments: